Omar Ayub directs KE to restore electricity in Karachi instantly

 KE, in a submit on Twitter, said over 91% of its feeders were powered up with groups running throughout the night for power recovery -- File photograph

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Energy Omar Ayub has directed K-Electric to restore power in Karachi by tonight after a number of areas reported being with out electricity even after two days,



Ayub mentioned he is in contact with KE’s control and that he had directed the town’s sole energy provider to verify electricity provide to the areas struggling powering outages.


Ayub made the remarks in a telephone name with Governor Sindh Imran Ismail and Prime Minister Imran Khan's special assistant on energy, Shahzad Qasim, on Saturday.


Governor Ismail said the extended breakdown had left voters in a dark state.

He added that he had spoken to KE CEO Moonis Elahi after the corporate had failed to restore energy even after two days following the heavy downpour within the city.


KE, in a publish on Twitter, said over 91% of its feeders had been powered up with groups operating through the night time for energy recovery.

The city is hit by a major power breakdown after heavy rain Karachi broke a decades-old file on Thursday.

In some spaces, power was once restored after 30 to 5 hours, then again, many stay with out electricity.

The power outage additionally left the residents of Karachi with little approach to contact pals, family and co-workers as a breakdown of mobile phone services led to via extended electricity outages added to their woes.

Subscribers of multiple networks reported being unable to connect with cellular data and calling/messaging services, leaving them disconnected from the outdoor global.

Comments